Important Information Regarding the Coronavirus
Though we are physically distancing ourselves for our health and safety, we are continuing to find ways to socially and emotionally connect, grow and celebrate. Here are some ways to participate:
- For continual updates, please check our Facebook page @templesinaisarasota
- Join our Virtual Welcome Reception – Friday at 5:15 pm. To connect online: https://zoom.us/j/672757469
- Erev Shabbat service will be accessible via Facebook Live @templesinaisarasota. Also, possibly live streamed on youtube. Please check back here on the website for this link and for access to the prayerbook.
- Shabbat morning study and prayer experience will be accessible via Zoom, Saturday morning at 10:30 AM at https://zoom.us/j/672757469
- Along with following ur Temple Sinai page, please follow Rabbi Kahn’s Facebook page: Samantha Orshan Kahn for regular videos, check-ins and more.
- Stay tuned for information about other online learning and streaming, such as Grandparents’ Circle, Virtual Religious School, Preschool Tot Shabbat, Story Time, Havdallah, Meditations, Text Studies and more.
Welcome to Our Temple
Temple Sinai Sarasota Florida:
A vibrant Reform Congregation and culturally diverse community that provides a spiritual home in a warm and welcoming environment.
We strive to raise spirituality by bringing meaning to our modern lives through the lens of ancient traditions.
We cherish the friendships made and developed through our active experiences in temple life. We embrace diversity in our membership and offer a meaningful life rooted in Judaism and social advocacy. We are a community of warmth and awareness where every individual matters. Our membership’s size and varied backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are a foundational strength, providing opportunities for meaningful connections for everyone.
We pride ourselves on our joyous Shabbat Services where our worship features inspirational liturgy and uplifting music. We value our part as a Jewish voice in our community, our country and the world. Our robust curriculum of lifelong learning opportunities — to study, learn and grow; our tradition of philanthropy; and the fullness of our religious and cultural offerings all reflect how we celebrate Judaism.
We invite each temple member to engage actively in the dynamic life of our synagogue and thereby grow spiritually through prayer and music, intellectually through education, and morally through righteous action. Members are encouraged to join a community of faith, commitment and hope. We, as Jews, are commanded to pursue justice, and to participate in Tikkun Olam, “Repairing the World.”
Our founding families shared a common dream to build a culturally abundant and caring Reform Jewish Congregation in Sarasota, Florida. Today, we continue to build upon their legacy of warmth and the timeless values of Jewish tradition as we strive toward a more just, ethical and compassionate world. We commit our spiritual, intellectual, physical and financial resources to strengthening our community today for a vital tomorrow.
All Temple events & services are cancelled indefinitely including the Seder due to the Coronavirus. This status will be updated as needed.
Temple Sinai Life & Legacy Program
Serving the Communities of Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice & Lakewood Ranch